Arts facility and events space, based in Bristol City Centre
Multi-use creative spaces
We are a studio complex, arts facility and events space, based in the Old Bridewell Police Station in Bristol city centre.
The Island is part of Artspace Lifespace. The charity recycles vacant, underused and problem properties into thriving creative resources. We host over 100 resident artists and boast a Circus Training Space, Dance Studio, artist studios, music studios, and a spacious art gallery.
Our normal capacity is restricted with distancing measures in place.
We ask that you wear a mask, if you are able to, in the communal areas of the building.
Get in touch with email@example.com for our full COVID safety measures.
Venues at The Island
The Dance Space runs a wide variety of classes and training sessions as well as being available for private hire.
Circus Training Space
The Island Circus Training Space offers many classes in circus-related disciplines, including silks, rope, aerial hoop, trapeze and acro yoga.
A beautiful large white and bright hireable gallery space with lantern ceiling and ancillary room located on the first floor of The Island.
The Island Venue
The licensed venue is available to host immersive performance, talks, exhibition and nightclub events.
Island Artist Studios
Work along side like minded creative people
- #67MillionVoicesThe UK has always held a firm ‘at arms length’ stance on the arts and heritage sector. Our diversity is our greatest strength. It is the job of cultural charities to reflect on our past and enrich this heritage through recontextualising in the present day. The presentation of narratives counter to those that we may […]
- Mental Health at Christmas TimeWe hope you have safe and happy holidays but not everybody looks forwards to the festive season. With thanks to Rehab 4 Addiction, a UK-based addiction helpline for sharing this infographic with us. It visually illustrates the reasons why people may be negatively impacted by Christmas, and it also illustrates ways people can avoid or […]
- All the best laid plansReflections on 2021 It has been a year of reflection and challenges for Artspace Lifespace. Looking back on the past year at our AGM at the beginning of December, and seeing the amazing artists and activity that was supported during such a challenging time reinforces just how essential the arts and grassroots organisations are. Next […]
- Invisible Army Interview by Ella O’LoughlinWriter Carina Andrews and photographer Tina Gue sat down with Ella O’Loughlin to discuss their collaborative project: Invisible Army. Their work aims to educate people on the real lives of carers in and around Bristol, and, importantly, uplift them. Invisible Army will be sharing carers’ stories and photographs at The Vestibules in their exhibition “Stories […]
- Notice for an Annual General Meeting for Artspace Lifespace CIONOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the fourth Annual General Meeting of Artspace Lifespace will be held via zoom at 17:30 on Thursday the 2nd December to transact the following business. The AGM will be recorded for minute taking. You can keep your camera off but please use your full name rather than an alias when […]