Venue > Arts Mansion > Music Room
- Location info – Show map
- West Lawn Entrance, Ashton Court Mansion, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN
- The West Lawn Entrance is the opposite side of the house to the car park and courtyard cafe. You can walk around the North Side of the Building (Wheelchair accessible) or along the South Lawn (steps either side) to reach the Arts Mansion entrance.
- We want to be as welcoming, inclusive and accessible as we can for all our staff and visitors. The ground floor is wheelchair accessible with a wheelchair-accessible toilet (with baby change facilities) which is a gender neutral toilet. There are Blue Badge parking spaces in the Kennel Lodge Road car park. Guide dogs and hearing dogs are very welcome. We are sorry but there are no induction loops in the building. Read more information on access to the Courtyard Cafe.
- Opening times
- Monday to Friday: 9am – 2am (events only)
- Weekends: 10am – 2am (events only)
- Call: Please email all enquiries
- Email: email@example.com
- Round banqueting tables (seats 8-10) and chairs available. Table cloths cleaning charge £7 each.
- Integrated PA system
- Additional PA & lighting available to hire
- Projector and screen available to hire
- Licensed bar
- Overlooks the South Lawn of the Ashton Court Estate
- Max capacity: 300 people
- Length: 29m
- Width: 6.4m
- Height: 4.8m
Only existing wall fixings can be used.
- Private Hire
- Booking enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts rates
- Hourly (min 3 hours)£40
- Day £200
- Weekly hire£500
Discounted rates above for arts organisations and practitioners. The costs above are for rehearsals / workshops and do not include hire of the bar for public events. Additional charges for Duty Manager @ £15 per hour (£12.22 per hour + admin fee) and any security required. Cleaning charges will be applied depending on the nature of the event.
- Commercial rates
- Hourly rate (min 2 hours)£100
- Date rate (9-5pm)£800
- Evening hire (includes bar) 4pm-2am£1000
Whole hire of the house available. POA. Additional charges for Duty Manager @ £15 per hour (£12.22 per hour + admin fee) and any security required. Cleaning charges will be applied depending on the nature of the event.
West Lawn Entrance, Ashton Court Mansion, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN
The stunning ground floor room has windows overlooking the South lawn with breathtaking views of the city.
Suitable for performances, rehearsals, workshops, film screenings, events and conferences.
The Music Room at Ashton Court has seen the development of some amazing productions including Wise Children’s Wise Children, The Sexual Health Circus; exhibitions such as Jimmy Galvin’s Memory Data, an Island tenants showcase and events such as the Bristol Japan showcase, Junior Jungle, in-house events such as The People’s Mansion and Futur Ville.
Artspace is efficient and reliable but beyond that, the team went more than the extra mile to make us welcome and comfortable. We loved our time at the mansion and hope we will be back soon.Poppy Keeling, Wise Children
We encourage people to wear masks in our buildings and ask that people do not visit if they feel unwell.
Get in touch with email@example.com for our full COVID safety measures.
The Music Room at Ashton Court is certainly impressive which is why it used to be a popular wedding location and was used as a location in the last season of Poldark. This imposing room was actually originally built as a stables by Hugh Smyth, circa 1810. When Greville Upton Smyth inherited it in the mid 19th century he converted it to a museum room for his natural history collection and then a music room for his wife Emily, introducing panelling to the walls, flooring and ornate fireplaces dated 1885.