Venue > Vestibules > Vestibules (Deanery Rd.)
- Location info – Show map
- The Vestibules, City Council, College Green, Bristol BS1 5TR
- The Vestibules overlooks College Green and are two former entrances to City Hall. The Deanery Rd Vestibule is located beside the Central Library and Bristol Cathedral.
- There is no access to the toilets from The Vestibules. The nearest toilets are in City Hall or Bristol Library. City Hall is not usually open on weekends. We can arrange to open outside of regular opening hours for an additional charge of £30 per hour to cover security and admin costs. The Vestibules are only open during events or exhibitions.
- Opening times
- Monday to Friday: 10am – 8pm
- Weekends: Closed
- Email: email@example.com
- A small number of tables and chairs, a boards, and monitoring devices are available.
- If you require additional equipment, please speak to our co-ordinator, who can advise on external resources.
- Max capacity: 30 people
- Length: 5m
- Width: 10m
- Private Hire
- Booking enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commercial rates
- Per day (Deanery Road only)£100
- Per day (Deanery Road & Park Street)£150
- Per week (Deanery Road only)£300
- Per week (Deanery Road & Park Street)£400
- Discount rates
- Per day (Deanery Road only)£60
- Per day (Deanery Road & Park Street)£100
- Per week (Deanery Road only)£200
- Per week (Deanery Road & Park Street)£250
For Community Groups, Charities, Educational Groups, Students and BCC Projects.
Vestibules (Deanery Rd.)
The vestibules are two former entrances located at either end of the city hall which Marvin Rees, Mayor of Bristol, opened up to showcase Bristol talent and give cultural and community groups unique environments to display their work.
The vestibules has hosted numerous exhibitions, performances, cinemas and pop up art markets and is a fantastic space in the heart of the city for groups to share their projects and ideas. Artspace Lifespace is working with Bristol City Council’s Arts Development Team to help them explore this alternative way of supporting Bristol’s arts and culture sector by opening up these distinctive spaces as exhibition space.
Booking / Hire Enquiries
The co-ordinator at The Vestibules can offer advice and guidance on using these spaces for creative activity and is available via email Tuesday to Thursday at email@example.com.
We strongly advise a site visit before booking these spaces, both of which are listed, and require some additional planning to best be used as presentation spaces.
In 2020, we will be offering residency periods for both Deanery Rd and Park St Vestibule. The residency application is available on request at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a rolling opportunity and is open to charities, community groups, educational groups, artists and students. The residency periods will run from Jan – March 2020 and July – October 2020.
Opening up the Vestibules to local groups will provide much needed art space for local talent. By supporting the local arts scene in this way we can ensure that artists and other creatives continue to play a big role in developing Bristol’s growing culture economy.Councillor Estella Tincknell
Our artist studios will remain open for studio holders who cannot work from home. Our other hireable spaces will be open only for live streaming, training, filming and rehearsals. All in-person classes and exhibitions are being postponed or rescheduled. Our normal capacity is restricted with distancing measures in place. The current maximum capacity of our dance studio with restrictions in place for example is 10 people + 1 teacher (2m social distancing in place).
Get in touch with email@example.com for our full COVID safety measures.