The Great Hall
Venue > Arts Mansion > The Great Hall
- Location info – Show map
- Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN
- The nearest car park is Kennel Lodge Road Car Park. Parking costs £1.20 per day. The Great Hall can be accessed via the West Lawn Entrance. The yellow frontage is the opposite side of the Courtyard Cafe and can be accessed via the South Lawn or by the path that runs past the North West Wing through the estate.
- The West Lawn entrance is wheelchair accessible and there are wheelchair accessible toilets in the North West Wing located next to the Great Hall. There are no hearing loops in the building.
- Opening times
- Monday to Friday: 10am – 10pm
- Weekends: 10am – 5pm
- Call: 0117 963 3438
- Email: email@example.com
- Grade I listed interior with period features
- Wheelchair accessible toilet
- Use of the adjacent small bar
- Use of temporary exhibition wall and / or easels for exhibiting artwork
- Max capacity: 60 people
- Length: 10.6m
- Width: 6.15m
- Height: 4.2m
Can not drill into walls or create new fixings.
- Private Hire
- Booking enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts Rates
- Hourly (min 3 hour hire)20
Discounted rates above are for arts organisations and practitioners.
- Commercial Rates
- Hourly Rate (min 3 hour hire)45
- Day Rate350
The Great Hall
The Great Hall Gallery is our primary exhibition. We use easels and a temporary wall to exhibit work. The room is also used for filming and workshops.
The Great Hall is very popular with visitors. Visitor attendance on average is between 150-300 (weather dependent). The Great Hall is thought to have been built for Richard Choke, a judge of high rank and income in the 1450s. The window style we think dates from the new ‘gothic works in the early 19th century. In the 1970s it was stripped of panelling that reached from floor to window cills.
Our artist studios will remain open for studio holders who cannot work from home. Our other hireable spaces will be open only for live streaming and rehearsals. All in-person classes and exhibitions are being postponed or rescheduled. Maximum capacity is 10 people + 1 teacher (2m social distancing in place)
Get in touch with email@example.com for our full COVID safety measures.